About > Insight®
InsightŪ Browser System Requirements and Quick Start
The Insight Browser has been designed for
first time visitors to these collections and does not require
any download. It offers much of the functionality of the Insight Java Client such as zooming, printing and presenting image data, but does
not incorporate all of the advanced features of the Java Client.
If you are new to the Insight software, we recommend you begin
with the Browser and a quick tour of the Insight
Important! Firewalls, or Browser settings that block Pop-up
Ads or Java, may prevent correct operation of Insight. Test by turning off
Firewall and/or allowing Pop-ups and Java from this site only—then
adjust your Firewall or Browser settings. Review our support
Quick Start Guide:
| Supported Platforms
Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000,
MacOS 8.0-9.x, OSX
| Supported Browsers
|| Netscape v4.7+, Netscape 7+
Internet Explorer v4.0+
|| Ideal: 20" or larger non-interlaced monitor (1024x768)
Minimum: 15" non-interlaced monitor (800x600)
| Internet Connection
|| Ideal: LAN 100MB+, DSL, ISDN, CABLE
Minimum: 56K Modem
The Insight Browser and Java Client software are products of Luna Imaging, Inc.
- Browse a collection by clicking on the > or >| at the bottom of the page.
- Search a collection by selecting a category from the list on the left.
- Select an image by clicking on the image thumbnail once.
Then view its catalogue record by selecting "data" on the left-hand side.
- Double click on an image thumbnail to open it in a new window, the Image Workspace,
where you can zoom and enlarge the image.
- From the Image Workspace, zoom in to view the image in more detail.
- Consult the online
for more information about how to use the Insight 5.5 Browser.